Monday, March 22, 2010

So I had to make one of the hardest decisions I've ever made today.  Its not going to sound like a big deal, but for me it was and still definitely is.  I had to make the choice to stay in Provo for the summer.  I have been planning on staying up in Provo for spring term for a while, but not summer term as well.  Over the past few weeks I've been applying for lots of different jobs in Utah and back home.  I got a call from this guy from Novell last Monday telling me he had seen my resume and wanted to talk to me about a possible internship!  I set up an interview for Wednesday and by Thursday he called me back telling me they had chosen me for the position!  I was super excited, but little did I know how difficult this would make things.  (the catch is they want me to stay summer and possibly into next fall, which would mean NO MARYLAND for the summer)  To make a long story short, after pros and cons lists, many emotional and long phone calls with my parents, oh and TONS of praying, I decided to take the job for the summer.  It literally has been one of the roughest things for me to decide.  To someone other than me, it would seem like a small decision, of course take the job!  But...this is my first summer not going home since I've been away at school.  This is the start of growing up even more for me.  I'm still my mommy's girl and I miss her, my sisters, and dad like CRAZY.  I dont know what I'm going to do without them this summer.  I know I'll still have a lot fun up in Provo, and this job will be a good thing for me and give me some great experience, but its been one of the hardest things to do.

Well, on a lighter note, updates on the past few weeks...
For FHE a few weeks ago, we played soccer over in the Helaman Quad.  It brought back so many memories from last year.  It made me miss our boys a ton.  I cant believe they've been gone for so long already... But playing soccer was way fun.



Before Brooke left, we had a big sleepover in our living room one night!  It was way fun and we definitely need to do it more often.
Last week was super crazy (I know this means nothing to Lauren and Annie because apparently I have "super crazy" weeks all the time, which technically is possibly kind of true).  Lauren got a job!! yay! Which meant she wasnt home nights, and Annie and I were up on campus till 9 or 10 every night.  It was weird when I would get home before either of them (which happens to be the case right now)!  Of course Nick and Katie were home already.  Friday, I went to dinner with Ben and I tried shrimp again for the first time in a long time, and I actually liked it! I was so proud of myself after loving seafood as a little kid and hating it ever since, I actually liked it again!  We went ice skating and watched a movie called "the Box".  My advice: never see it.  It was the most confusing/pointless/weird/creepy movie ever.  Thats all.  Saturday I had lots of homework and group projects, but we watched Fever Pitch later that night which was pretty cute.  On Sunday Brooke came to visit us again and came to church with us!!  At church, the girls next door sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and I played the piano for them.  It was weird playing in church again.  Back home I'd play all the time, and I haven't played in forever, so it was really nice to play again.  

Well thats pretty much my life right now.  Plus, the beautiful weather we've been having makes everything better and I cannot wait for it to stay warm permanently!
                            
                                              FHE soccer night!

ice skating!


sleepover with Brooke!!


party in the living room!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be here for summer too! Can we play all the time? Please? And I still can't get over how good you were at piano in church! I guess we'll have to add virtuoso pianist to the list of things you're good at. Oh, and super cute blog, by the way! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Alicia. Sounds like a great job with Novell. Hope it all works out. You can always dash home to California and visit us when you need a break!:) Good luck with finals, projects, packing, etc. Are you staying in the same apartment Spring/Summer?

    ReplyDelete