Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hare Krishna!

So this weekend has been super busy! So that means basically normal right?  What would life be if it wasn't busy?  I've come to realize I love being busy because it means getting things done and being productive (for the most part..haha).  
Friday I had to work on a big research paper most of the night and knocked out a bunch of it, which was super exciting.  Later that night Annie, Lauren, and I went to Landen and Cory's surprise birthday party.  Saturday morning, I met with my CS group to work on the last phase of our big project!  Its been fun working with them this semester.  Theyre awesome guys and somehow put up with me... I dont know what I'll do without Kevin's regular (and ridiculous) puns that always make me die of laughter, Derrick's obsession with getting ice cream from the vending machines (and perfecting our javadocs...I've never seem to understand), and Bryce's obsession with fail blog (yet he still wont read mine...).  


the boys - Bryce, Kevin, and Derrick

our thug pose. not my idea..

yay for programming..


After our meeting, which was quick for once, we went over to our guys apartment for breakfast.  Tanner's parents and sister were in town to watch him in his play and they made our apartment the most delicious breakfast!  Fresh PINAPPLE, strawberries, lots of other delicious fruit, hash browns, pancakes, eggs, and bacon, yummm!!




After the breakfast, Annie, Lauren and I went to our first wedding shower!  Jessica was the first to get engaged from our hall last year, and is getting married in May!  It was fun seeing some of our girls from last year and it brought back so many fun memories.  We decided more of our friends need to get engaged so we have an excuse to see everyone more often! 




After the shower, we came home, finished up laundry, took a quick nap, and headed off to the Festival of Colors at the Hare Krishna temple!  Its this big Hindu ceremony type thing they do every year, everyone goes and throws vibrantly colored corn maize at each other.  We were going to take a bus (that according to Facebook, told us it left every 10 minutes on Saturday) from the Wilk...very reliable source.  We got to the Wilk at about 2:15 and waited around way too long.. The bus never came, and we FINALLY decided at 3:30 to drive instead.  We got stuck in a little traffic on the way up to Spanish Fork, but it wasnt too bad. We lucked out and got parking super close ($5 is totally worth not walking 3 miles!)  The Festival was CRAZY!  It was so cool!  We got there and thought we had missed the big throwing of all the colors.  But, just walking through everyone we got pretty covered. And it turns out the real throwing hadnt even happened yet!  Thats when we really got covered...And couldnt breath or see for like 5 minutes.  It was actually pretty scary.  But so worth it!  Well, except the part when we got home and I couldnt get the pink out of my hair after 3 shampooings...And it still hasnt fully come out 3 days later. 




Later that night (after our weekly Little Caesars with the girls!) I went to see Alice in Wonderland with Ben!  It was kind of a weird movie, totally Tim Burton, but pretty good.  
Sunday I went over to Grandma and Grandpa Holbrook's for dinner.  I got to see Jalene and all her kids which was a lot of fun!  
Well thats my crazy life right now...thank goodness theres only 10 more days of class!

No comments:

Post a Comment