Sunday, May 23, 2010

The 830 and the 850.


This is the bus I ride every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday to work.  (which will soon become everyday once I finally get done with Spring classes...).  Did I mention I love riding the bus?  Well thats probably because I really dont.  I have tried to make the best of it despite the crazy adventures I have already had using this public transportation.  

The first day I ever rode the bus to work, I got on thinking I could purchase a transfer on the bus.  Apparently you CANT.  Luckily, the nice bus rider knew it must've been my first day riding the bus, (he ended up asking me this question later...was it really that obvious?) so he told me I could get on and gave me a transfer for free.  I got on the bus and nervously waited to figure out where I would have to get off to catch my transfer bus.  I somehow figured out which stop I needed to get off on and waited for my next bus.  It finally came and I somehow made it to work on time!  Later that day, I made it home in one piece too!  I was on a roll.  I even bought a convenient student pass and now I ride the bus multiple times a week like a pro.  I can listen to my iPod, read, and talk to my mom on the phone without missing a stop.  

The other day I was going to catch the bus home from work after I had gone to the gym.  It was starting to look a little overcast.  I was hoping and praying that the rain would at least hold out till I got home!  Did it? Of course not.  I got off the first bus, waiting for my transfer on University Ave and I mustve looked a sad sight.  I hadnt brought my umbrella that day (luckily I did have a hood), but here I am waiting on University Ave, sopping wet.  Of course today of all days, the bus gets there the latest it ever has.  It honestly didnt really bug me though.  Some of those days, you just like getting wet (at least I do).  Thank goodness it was one of those days.  When I finally got off the bus, I stepped into a big puddle and just smiled.  

One of these days I'll get myself a car...

  

2 comments:

  1. haha yes I like the pink bug. do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you help me get over my phobia of public transportation this summer? Please??

    ReplyDelete