Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm trying to blog more regularly

I really am trying.  I just feel like I never have enough exciting things to say that people would actually like to read.  And then when I dont worry about trying to be entertaining I just start rambling.  Lose-lose.  Oh well.  Anyways, lets see.  I'm at work on a Wednesday night.  I feel like I'm going to fall asleep any minute now.  I've recently reverted back to some of my Freshman year sleeping habits and 2 years makes a big difference.  I'm an old woman who cant handle this lack of sleep anymore. 
On the topic of work, I cant mention how much I love my job.  I really do.  I never really thought I'd say that about a job, I mean who likes working?  But seriously, over Christmas break, I was looking forward to getting back to my job and meeting all my new little (well not really little...most of them are taller then me!) students I'd be helping for the new semester.
 
I'm a CS 142 TA.  I get to run around the computer lab all day helping little entry level Computer Science students debug their code (oh and help them understand a bunch of really tricky concepts).  Its awesome.  I really do love it though.  It definitely tests my patience (not always my strongest point), but I have grown to love it.  Another perk to being a TA is teaching help sessions.  I used to be terrified of teaching a bunch of students all at once, but after being a TA for a few semesters, I have grown to LOVE it.  I mean, not all my help sessions go perfectly, but now I really enjoy teaching them most of the time.  Its recently sparked my interest in possibly teach high school someday.  I NEVER thought I'd want to go back to high school, but now I've seriously been considering teaching it someday.  I mean its still pretty far off, but its become a whole new possibility that gets me really excited.  So I guess we'll have to see!

Rambling...I knew it would happen.

No pics for tonight.  Hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. i always read your blog :) i love hearing about your life. have a great thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. And im an official stalker! ps dont worry about the rambling..you dont ramble. Im an EXPERT on rambling. :)

    ReplyDelete