Today is my mom's birthday. She is an amazing person. I dont know if she knows how amazing she is. I love her a ton. I'm totally bummed that I had to leave MD a few days before he birthday. Here are just a few things I love about my mom.
-She is always getting things done. My mom could probably never spend a whole day (or even only a few hours for that matter!) sitting on the couch doing nothing. She is always doing something. And that something is pretty much always productive too. If I could have days like that, I would get A LOT more done...
-She finds things to make herself happy. I am still working hard on this, but she has mastered not letting what other people do or dont do affect how happy she is. I really admire that.
-She always looks out for the underdog. Anytime I tell my mom a story or we're talking about something, she always feels bad for the underdog, no matter how much she likes them or doesn't like them. We have grown to accept this and expect it when we tell her things.
-She is horrible at quoting movies. Its ok, I am too. Whenever she gets one right, she does a pretty good job with it though :)
-She is one of the best people to talk to. She puts up with me calling way too many times a day about random things that she probably gets very sick of hearing about, but never would say a word to me about it.
-She always gets things done early. I dont think she could procrastinate if she tried. It makes me upset sometimes that I cant just buckle done and get things done like her.
-She LOVES going on trips. And planning tons of things to do on trips. Someday she will be a tour guide or help plan family's vacations and will do an awesome job with it.
-She loves taking pictures. Thats probably where I got it from. I used to always hate all the pictures she would take, but now that I do the exact same thing, I really cant complain.
-She loves reading and has instilled this love into us girls starting at an early age.
-She loves her family more then anything. My mom would do anything for my dad or one of us girls. anything. Including putting her needs and wants behind ours every single time. Someday I hope I can be as selfless as her.
Basically my mom is awesome, I love her to death and hate being 2000 miles away from her. Thank goodness for phones.
Happy Birthday Mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment